This weekend we decided to head over to the Keys and stay at the Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada. Although the resort had some beautiful grounds and the food was good, it was not our favorite resort. Here’s some of the Pros and Cons for our family:
- Great location for fishing (probably one of the best ones in the country)
- Adults-Only Pool
- Food is good
- Tennis, Golf, Spa and Water Sports on-site
- They greet you with a glass of Chandon and make you feel welcome
- No Beach
- No Sunsets (the resort is on the ocean side, not intracoastal)
- Some Amenities are outdated (kids club is from the 90s and very small)
- Fireplaces on the beach didn’t work
- Live Music was very underwhelming
As of now, our number one resort in the Keys is Baker’s Cay. We had high expectations for this resort after reading so many reviews but we were somewhat disappointed. We left earlier than expected and headed over to the Miami Zoo as the kids were bored with the resort and didn’t have a beach to play or swim in.
We still had a great time as a family and it was a weekend to remember, but we would not suggest this resort for a family vacation.
Here’s some pictures and videos of our weekend:
Leave a Reply